More Th>n have aired a very simple TV ad that shows in just 20 seconds how simple it can be to make a compelling TV ad that is based on customer insight and a bit of good old-fashioned craft.
It is not ground breaking, there is no augmented reality, Google glass or iBeacons involved, but it will resonate with customers I believe.
- The animation is simple bold and eye-catching – the colours match the brand and the graphics are not likely to irritate or annoy
- The brand is prominent and cleverly highlighted via animated devices
- The ‘Call to Action’ is bold, clear and unhurried, the ad has time to breathe it’s not racing at 100mph to deliver a punchline
- The insight. Clever: The contextualisation of price … rolling back those years to 2010 is delightfully executed
- The Insight. Clever: The use of GBP 99 – a neat number and familiar somehow works in a way that GBP 100 or even GBP 95 wouldn’t
- The Insight. Clever: There is something extra for existing customers, an extra 20% off – so acquiring and engaging at the same time, nice.
- The animation reinforces the good things, the fencing around the home and the starburst around the hero GBP 99 in a way that runs close to being too busy, but somehow the craft applied makes it work smoothly
The ad is deceptively simple, to get all of this in such a short time means that the edit has been done with real attention to detail.
I really like this, it’s a simple ad that I think can teach us all a few things about simplicity and letting the insight breathe. Nice one More Th>n !
15 August 2014